Random Thoughts Under the Flag

My weekend's been busy and I'm buried deep under piles of work... so allow me to just share random thoughts about everything under the flag today.

🇵🇭  Salutes to the all the soldiers who fought in Marawi in the last 6 months. Every soldier's dream is to have the honor among his or her peers of going courageously deep into battle... and then coming out of it alive to tell the tale. You have that distinction... and more: the country's proud of you.

Army PFC Reymart Carloto receives a posthumous hero's welcome

🇵🇭   To those who died among the government forces and the civilian victims, may you rest in peace and may your families move on. You are heroes, and we are grateful for and humbled by your sacrifice. I don't know what else to say.



🇵🇭   To the enemies of the State who perished, may your souls be where they deserve, wherever that may be. Honestly, I do not know. To those of you however who repented and received Christ as your savior before your last breath, may you rest in peace. I'll include you in my prayers. To the rest, I don't think any prayer would help at this point.

🇵🇭   To my beloved priests and bishops in the CBCP, I am saving the last paragraphs for you at the bottom.

🇵🇭   Pinoy Ako Blog Jover Laurio ... I look forward to the libel case against you to be filed by For the Motherland - Sass Rogando Sasot this coming November (or so I've read). I look forward to see you valiantly finish what you've started... in court and in full view of the public. You've been anonymously attacking people for so long. Prove once and for all that you're not guilty as charged. The rest of your life would depend on it.

🇵🇭   Ateneo de Manila University, let me say once again how disappointing you've been. I could understand your attitude towards MOCHA USON BLOG. But to give Pinoy Ako Blog a "Certificate of Appreciation" simply makes me think that you're as prone as everyone else to hypocrisy. You've brought yourself down in the esteem of many... including some of your graduates.

🇵🇭   A Federal Republic of the Philippines is what we need. If the success of the Local Government Code of 1991 in empowering cities and municipalities outside of Metro Manila were to be an indication, the time to empower regions is at hand. Let productive regions decide on how to reinvest their resources, without securing the approval of Imperial Manila. Many regions will stumble and fall in the beginning, but let each region suffer through the failure of their own regional leaders, rather than by the indifference of fat-bellied powers in Metro Manila.

🇵🇭   Let foreign investors own more than 50% of their investments here in the country. In the face of globalization, the Constitutional provision limiting their ownership is one big fat foolishness. For one thing, it is why we have a lousy and expensive internet in this country.

Saving this for last...

To my beloved priests and bishops, we can do way much better than saying -- at this point in time -- that “Rejoicing in the death of these terrorists will merely be temporary. Their death doesn’t mean the end of terror groups in the country.”

CBCP-Permanent Committee on Public Affairs executive secretary Fr. Jerome Secillano, I know you mean well and I think I see the context of what you're saying. But can you hold those words for just a few days or a few weeks?

You ask why. Here's why: not all of us are priests and bishops. Most of us have children to provide for, care for and protect, not just spiritually but also physically, against enemies that can maim, kill or decapitate.

The deaths of these terrorists mean a safer country for us. We rejoice in that... perhaps in the same way that Jews rejoiced when their enemies fell while Moses held up his staff.

You can remind us of our sinfulness later to your heart's content. Just give us a few days to rejoice. I hope that's not too much to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Reasons Why Filipinos speak English, rather than Tagalog

Chasing Street Names in Metro Manila

Filipino Dream vs American Dream