If Ninoy Were Alive Today

To the yellows, if this is any consolation, while clearly I've totally lost respect for P'Noy as a leader, I have not totally lost my respect for his father Ninoy Aquino.

After all, there are things he said that's really worth quoting. One of them is... drum roll.... this one:

"The great 'legitimizer' of government is the ballot not the bullet"

If Ninoy Aquino were alive today, I wonder what his message will be to the Liberal Party.

Then I wonder what his message will be to PDU30 who's the only leader we have today who, not by words but by actions, says the same thing as Ninoy said about Filipinos... that we're worth dying for.

Lastly I wonder what his words will be about the COMELEC, the Constitutionally mandated body to take care of the ballot, and about former COMELEC Chair Andy Bautista.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Reasons Why Filipinos speak English, rather than Tagalog

Chasing Street Names in Metro Manila

Filipino Dream vs American Dream